Sunday, March 18, 2012

Dedication

(This is a delayed post from March 15-16, 2012)
Tenwek is on the Move...
From a medical point of view, our time in Tenwek has come to a close.  Isolated off the busy roads of Bomet and up the hill to Tenwek a hospital moves at a 24 hour pace.  The health struggles of the Kenyan’s from this area continue at a pounding pace.  However, the will to provide care for patients in great need is seen in both the visiting staff, permanent staff and the Kenyans.   (Take note of the picture of two very special “visiting staff” who I was proud to be related to!)
It is really hard to sum up this experience.
I feel like my pictures may say more about this then I can in words.   My heart is full and wanting at some point to return.  Anybody want to join me?   There is always something to do....;) 
Scripture above the surgical board at Tenwek.


Joyce (mother) recovers!  This is her first interaction with her baby who was cared for by the nursery and Mom as we hoped for her recovery.   

Karen, Head RN of NICU Mom and Tenwek Friends!

Farewell Wishes...African style

Solomon, PT extrodinaire at Tenwek!

View of a Mother and child as I walked to the Surgical Ward.


Matthew one of the twins meest his international "cousins"



Tenwek Chapel

Kipkeoch my first patient for PT at Tenwek!

No comments:

Post a Comment